This trainer provides the instructor with a complete 4-cylinder gasoline engine for group or whole-class demonstration.
The engine is mounted on a moveable, heavy-duty steel frame, which allows it to be easily transported between workshop and classroom.
Instructors and students can operate the engine by turning the hand crank. The sectioned block and components allow all moving parts to be seen, as well as the way in which they interact with each other.
For easy identification of key components, the following systems are colour coded:
• Exhaust system – orange
• Fuel inlet system – white
• Cooling system – blue
• Lubrication system – green
This resource is supplied with a manual containing practical tasks and activities.
The trainer can also be used in conjunction with our optional cloud-based software, which offers online interactive theory presentations, investigations, and assessments, which support the practical activities, carried out using this resource.
Typical Tasks Include:
• The position and mounting of all engine components
• The operation of crankshaft and pistons
• The operation of inlet and exhaust valves
• The timing relationships between engine components
• Fully-sectioned 4-cylinder gasoline engine (1598cc, DOHC 16V, multipoint fuel injection)
• Exposed Colour Coded Components Include:
• Cylinder head and valves
• Cooling system
• Oil system
• Stand with castors
• Handle for manually rotating engine